Important Information Regarding COVID-19
In recognition of ongoing news reports and the continued spread of the COVID-19 virus, we realize our patients have questions. As dedicated health care professionals, we want you to know that we remain as diligent as ever in protecting the health and safety of our patients and staff. Our practice strictly adheres to and exceeds the standards for infection control by wearing personal protective gear, using hospital-grade disinfectants, practicing the latest sterilization protocols, utilizing single-use disposable materials, and more. Every effort we have in place is to ensure the safety of our patients and staff. We want you to know that we are monitoring this situation very closely, and we will keep you updated regularly.
Symptoms of coronavirus are reported as flu-like, with varying degrees of severity. While we do not know everything about this virus to date, individuals who are elderly and/or immunocompromised appear to be the most at risk of a severe infection. To ensure your health and safety, and the health and safety of everyone at our practice, please reschedule your appointment if you or a member of your household has a cough, fever, and/or flu-like symptoms. In addition, please reschedule your appointment if you have traveled to any areas within the past 14 days that are at high risk for contracting the coronavirus.
CHANGES YOU WILL SEE:
- We will be limiting the number of patients in the office. On the day of your appointment, we ask that you call our office from your car prior to entering the building (804-364-7122) to check-in. COVID screening completed prior to each appointment.
- Temperature and hand sanitizer upon entering the office
- Barriers throughout reception area
- The clinical team will have increased protective masks, gowns and shields
- HEPA UV-C air purifiers, Hospital Grade HyperHEPA filtration technology and UV lights have been installed in air returns to help kill viruses- including COVID-19. These units have been placed in treatment rooms and throughout the office.
- Pre-rinse with Colgate Peroxyl (1.5% hydrogen peroxide) prior to treatment
- All patients, visitors and staff will be required to wear a face mask at all times.
- Frequent deep cleaning and sanitizing of all surfaces and areas
- It’s cold! With many air purifiers throughout the office, a blanket or jacket may be needed. Dress for chillier weather year round!
We thank you in advance and extend our gratitude for your understanding and cooperation. Together, we can help keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office, and one of our staff members will be more than happy to assist you.
For further information, including measures to keep yourself healthy, visit the following links:
- Prevention: View CDC Guidelines
- Symptoms: View Information from the CDC
- Steps When Sick: View the Steps